Early Development Services, Inc. has multiple centers to meet the needs of children, ages 6 weeks to 5 th grade, and their families. All children at EDS are offered:
- A safe emotional climate, where taking risks and making mistakes is accepted.
- A well-planned, stimulating physical environment.
- A setting that introduces children to a variety of cultures and people of differing abilities.
- A place where each child is treated as an individual.
- A balance between child/adult initiated activities.
Children are encouraged to explore the daily activities that classroom teachers set up. All activities are designed to be developmentally appropriate. Children have the opportunity to spend time observing or they may actively participate. Both are vital to learning and understanding and both are supported by center staff.
Each classroom environment is set up to allow the children to choose their own activities. Children participate in large and small group activities designed for their developmental levels. Art, block play, books, music, puzzles, games, manipulatives, and outdoor play are available on a daily basis.
EDS, Inc staff members are trained to understand the development of children and are committed to providing the best possible environment for young children’s learning